HOW TO CONNECT
- Find your gathering on the Zoom Gatherings page and click the associated Zoom link.
- If you already have zoom open on your device, you can type the meeting id where prompted
- If this is your first time using Zoom on the device, a download option will appear – click “download here."
- If you cannot download or install the application, click on “join from your browser.”
- If you are on a tablet or mobile device, you may need to search for Zoom in the App Store and download it from there before clicking on the link.
- You may be prompted to enter your email and/or name so can join the meeting or webinar. The name will be shown to other participants, the email is for zoom registration.
SELECT AUDIO OPTION
- choose one of the audio conference options: Call using Internet Audio (you can watch and listen on the same device) or Dial In (if you want to use your phone for audio).
- If you are using phone audio, type your Participant ID followed by # when prompted. This will connect your audio and video, allowing you to use the mute function within Zoom.
SHOW/HIDE VIDEO & MUTE AUDIO
- Along the top or bottom of your screen you should see buttons for “Stop Video/Start Video” and “Mute/Unmute”.
- Simply click those if you cannot see yourself or if you need to mute/unmute yourself. It is common practice to mute yourself while others are speaking to eliminate background noise or distracting feedback.
- In worship the unmute function will be disabled to control the sound input. It will be allowed for Greeting time before and after service.
- If connection is slow or garbled, stop your video.
- If you leave the meeting and want to come back, click on the link again.
WANT TO KEEP IT SIMPLE?
- Dial 669-900-6833
- When prompted, enter the meeting ID and followed by #
- You will be asked to enter your participant ID or hit #. For audio-only you won't have a participant ID.
- Phone Controls: to mute or unmute hit *6, to "raise or lower your hand" (a function sometimes used in smaller gatherings) enter *9