Ever since eight people incorporated as a church in 1896, Redmond UMC has been a vital part of the community. Organizing community dinners, sending aid to orphans during times of war, caring for the sick, gathering people from a variety of faith traditions for Sunday School, people could find food for both body and soul. Our Chapel, built in 1908, is one of the oldest buildings on the Eastside and was moved to our current location in 1926. As the community has shifted and grown from rural to suburban to bustling town, we have continued to respond to the needs of the community and to provide a spiritual home for many.
For more, information, see what the Redmond Historical Society has to say!