The Youth Ministry Coordinator will create, coordinate and implement age-appropriate ministry to youth of Redmond UMC. Our location, in the heart of downtown Redmond, brings an opportunity to be deeply involved in the local community while also developing our congregation family and personal religious beliefs. We seek an individual who shares this passion and can help mold our youth in our mission to Love. Serve. Grow. and keep with our Vision and Strategic Plans for the congregation and community.
20 per week
Some essential duties:
- Create and execute youth programming including regular and one-time events.
- Teach basic Christian tenants
- Expose youth to styles of worship and prayer and connect this practice to daily lives of the youth.
- Discuss gifts of the spirit, and help youth connect their gifts with community need.
- Seek out ways youth can participate in the larger church body and facilitate youth/adult mentorships.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and willingness to understand United Methodist theology.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in religion, youth ministries, Christian education or related subjects.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of youth related ministry experience as volunteer or staff in a church.
- Exhibit desire, experience and background for a “heart for service” and genuine interest in responding to needs and concerns of youth.
- Solid relational skills and ability to communicate with people of all ages.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any references to Amy Maxim, our SPR Chair.